Web Development Articles
- ALWAYS Put the Record ID in the Edit Form Users might have multiple pages of your app open in different tabs or windows. Use a page-specific ID, not something shared like a cookie or session data.
- Auto-Switching a Website to Dark Mode You can easily tell your site to use darker colors when a visitor is using a dark theme by using CSS media queries.
- Eleventy data cascade not picking up front matter on layouts Fixed in 1.0.1: Eleventy normally combines the front matter in layouts along with the templates, data files, etc...unless the layout is set globally.
- Google Toolbar AutoFill is Weird This form had name and e-mail fields, but AutoFill only recognized e-mail. I figured, OK, people might be using this, let's see if I can adjust the page and make it compatible.
- Make Feedly Notice an Updated WordPress Post by Changing the GUID Changing the GUID of an updated post in your RSS/Atom feed will tell feed readers that it's a new post. Here's some WordPress code that will let you do that with a custom field.
- Web Font Downloaded Twice When Preloading Weirdly enough, you need to add a 'crossorigin' property even if the font file is on the same site.