Hyperborea: Kelson Vibber
Techie, software developer, hobbyist photographer, sci-fi/fantasy & comics fan in the Los Angeles area. He/him.
What’s on Here?
This has been my main personal website for ages, and it’s grown weirdly over the years. I have a more focused IndieWeb-style page at KVibber.com, but most of my actual stuff is here, including...
K2 Ramblings, my personal blog covering a wide range of topics in technology, entertainment, and everyday life. (In theory it’s a shared family blog, but I’m the main one who posts there these days.)
Tech Tips, Troubleshooting and How-Tos, a collection of computer problems I've run into and how I solved them (or how I found the solutions).
Reviews of books, movies, software, etc.
- Short stories and poetry
- Scenic photos from the 1990s. I also ran a photo blog at WordPress for a few years, and I have tons more photos on Flickr.
- The Music Hall - MIDI files I put together from madrigals so I could use them for choir practice
- Re-Reading Les Misérables - A blog in which I comment on the novel and review various adaptations.
- Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning - Fan reference site for DC Comics’ speedsters, their enemies, and supporting cast up through 2011, when I ran out of free time to maintain it. (The Speed Force blog spun out of it, and is still going.)
- Fan Convention Reports & Photos
- Humor Files Funny quotes and other random amusements collected from 1998-2005.
- Googolplex Theaters - a 2005 April Fool’s joke that seems more plausible now than it did at the time.
My Gemini Capsule contains a subset of this website in Gemini, an ultra-light protocol and format that’s somewhere between Gopher and a minimalist Web. For surfing the "smol internet" I recommend Lagrange on Windows, macOS and Linux, Amfora for terminal access, Seren on Android, and Elaho on iOS.
I have a bunch of articles from my Web Advocacy days. And in case you’re wondering: What the heck is a Hyperborea?
Where You May Find Me
- Mastodon: @KelsonV@Wandering.Shop (microblogging, kind of like Twitter)
- Flickr: KelsonV (TONS of scenic photos, oddities, and pictures from fan conventions.)
- PixelFed: @KelsonV (Photo stream like Instagram)
- Mastodon: @KelsonV@Photog.Social (more photos, actually I haven’t been here in a while.)
I’m an active contributor to iNaturalist and OpenStreetMap. And yes, I’m on some of the more mainstream social networks, though much less often! Here I am at LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And occasionally I sell stuff on eBay.