A quick request, if I may: If you have a web-capable cell phone, would you please try to view this blog in it and let me know how it appears? I’m testing some plugins that should optimize the page for desktop, low-end mobile, and high-end mobile devices.
Please look at the main page and at least one post, then leave a comment below (still on the phone if you can) with the following:
- What phone are you using? (RAZR, iPhone, etc. Specific model if you know it)
- Can you load the site at all? (If not, what error do you get?)
- Does it look like..
- The desktop version of the site (photo banner across top, full sidebar, complete posts on front page)
- A bare-bones page (plain background, mostly text, headlines only on main page, “Powered by WordPress. WordPress Mobile Edition” listed at the bottom of the page)
- A sleeker-looking list (grayish background, each post headline in a white rectangle, calendar image next to each headline, headlines on main page that expand to excerpts, dark banner across top, “Powered by WordPress with WPtouch” listed in footer)
- Are you using the built-in web browser, or something you installed (Opera Mini, for example)?
- Did anything not work?
If you can’t post a comment, please try one of the following:
- Bring up the site on your computer to leave the comment.
- Send me a Twitter direct message.
- Email me at kelson – [at] – pobox – [dot] – com.
I’m mainly trying to make sure that the detection code is working right, since I’ve got 3 different plugins (WPTouch, WordPress Mobile Edition and WP Super Cache) working together to manage it.
Thanks in advance!
Sprint Mogul, Windows Mobile 6.1
I get the barebones, no pic version, but I don’t see the powered by line.
I’m using the standard IE browser.
Scratch that, I do see the powered by WordPress mobile.
Thanks for checking!
iPhone. Easily loaded. Bare- bones: no backround, listed/dated headlines. WordPress line at bottom. Hope this helps – although I’m sure you already know this by now.
Weird, the iPhone should have gotten the more enhanced mobile version of the site. I’ll have to look into that.