Catching up on linkblogging.
- I found a printout of this User Friendly comic strip while cleaning out my old desk last month. Ah, tech support! Help, I can’t send e-mail!
- XKCD on spambots vs. constructive comments (warning: language)
- Two comic strips about book collections: Wondermark and Girl Genius. I stumbled on the Wondermark strip at Long Beach Comic-Con (write-up
should be done todayis online) and it really hit home, between the fact that I grew up loving books for exactly this reason, and the impending arrival of the next generation. As for Girl Genius, I think Castle Heterodyne’s library could give the Beast’s a run for its money.
- Fake Science explains the difference between regular and decaf coffee. Insert obligatory “It was ground this morning” joke.
- C-Section Comics shows the difference between iPhone, Android and Blackberry users. For the record: Android user, picked up the link from an iPhone user. Hmm…
- Incredible star trails and a derelict ship at APOD.
- Usability study: Photos as Web Content (Jakob Nielsen’s Alertbox)
- Twitter Fail Whale Hat.
- Someone wants to buy a cosmic treadmill from me: Umm…Not For Sale?
- Wrapping up Cyber Security Awareness Month at the Internet Storm Center. If you use a computer, you should at least take the time to look through this.
- Gotta love the MPAA’s priorities. A brief scene of therapeutic swearing earns the same rating as an entire film full of graphic, gruesome torture: The King’s Speech vs. Saw 3D.