Some interesting technology articles I’ve found over the last few weeks.
- Cornell lab prints food (LA Times) – One step closer to the day we can order pizza online…and download it!
- Ping isn’t always the best way to test network connectivity (or even speed) – ISC Diary
- XKCD and the paradox of password strength. ISC responds: it’s not that simple.
- Consolidation in the Telecommunications Industry since 1984 (the government-imposed breakup of AT&T into the seven “Baby Bells”) – WSJ
- ISC asks: Should We Still Test Patches?
- Introducing CloudFlare’s Automatic IPv6 Gateway – Very cool use of an existing proxy to make any website reachable by IPv6 with no changes to the server.
- Extrasolar planets seen by Hubble in 1998 revealed by new image processing techniques.