Posts Tagged “Musical”
- Les Miseranimals Review (Animaniacs)
The cartoon Animaniacs parodied Les Misérables in a Rita and Runt segment, with a dozen songs translated into a comedic story of dogs and cats.
- Review: Les Misérables 25th Anniversary Stage Production
Overall the new staging works very well, though the barricade sequences suffer from the loss of the rotating stage. Musically, the show feels rushed.
- Thoughts on Les Misérables: The 2012 Movie Musical - A Fan’s Review
As a fan of the stage musical from way back, I'd say it's good, but has its flaws. Time will tell whether it's great. Here's what did and didn't work for me
- I Watched Three Les Mis Parodies Last Night
A Youtube binge got me watching Sesame Street's Les Mousserables, Animaniacs' Les Miseranimals, Forbidden Broadway's extended take(that), and On My Phone.
- Revisiting the Movie Musical After Re-Reading the Novel
I liked the film of Les Miserables better on second viewing, and also was able to see just how much they brought in from the novel.
- “One Day More” - Les Mistranslated
One Day More, run through Google Translate a few times back and forth, then sung. The whole Google Translate Sings series on YouTube is worth checking out.
- A Visit to Thénardier’s Inn
A local theater company transformed the musical into a fun, immersive cabaret-style parody of the show.
- Les Misérables at 30
Looking back on, well, not 30 years of fandom, but closer to 25 since I first saw the musical.
- Agency: Cosette vs. Éponine vs. Florence
Listening to Judy Kuhn as Florence in Chess made me think about how she differs from Cosette in Les Misérables, and what sets Cosette apart from Éponine.
- “On My Own,” Mis-translated
Google Translate Sings returns to Les Misérables with On My Own, run through several layers of machine translation with hilarious results.
- Lobster Jean Valjean?!? 🤪
Saturday Night Live's sketch with Jean Valjean as a singing lobster is utterly bizarre. And it gets stranger as it goes along