- @font-face Crashes Firefox on Fedora 11
Until Fedora updated one of its libraries, Firefox on Fedora 11 would crash on any website that uses an embedded font.
- Double Lock Screen
Usually multiple desktops on Linux will stay out of each others' way when they aren't running. Not always.
- Fedora 7 Problems With Glint Video Driver
Grab the Live CD first and make sure that all your hardware works properly. If not, see if the fix is available before you actually upgrade.
- Firefox Thinks It’s Running an Older Version Than Last Time (But Isn’t!)
Look for the compatibility.ini file in your Firefox profile, and delete the LastVersion line.
- Fixing a Blank Article Pane in NewsFlash
There's a bug in WebKit that can prevent articles from displaying in NewsFlash, but there's a workaround.
- Fixing Flash in Fedora Core 5
Flash hard-codes the paths where it looks for fonts, instead of letting the X server tell it where to look.
- Linux Ejecting DVD Drawer on Wake (Fixed)
It's a recent bug in the Linux kernel. Wait a couple of days and it'll be fixed and Fedora will ship the new one.
- Nepomuk is Not Running
KMail kept tossing errors on launch because an old config was trying to load the wrong Nepomuk backend.
- Repair missing UEFI entry for Fedora Linux
Boot to a live image and either manually edit the menu with efibootmgr or use a specialized tool like boot-repair.
- Resolving SELinux audit errors on boot in Fedora Core 4
Rebuild the initrd so it can label the boot filesystem with the new policy.
- s3cmd crashes with ‘expected str instance, bytes found’
s3cmd 2.3.0 breaks on Python 3.12. The fix is simple, and will be in the next s3cmd release, but here's how to fix your local copy before it's released.
- Using Plasma Discover on GNOME in Fedora
Fedora's packages for Discover are missing a dependency, so you have to install kf5-purpose using the command line.
- Workaround for Gmail being blocked by “Temporary Error” in Firefox on Fedora
In this case it was a Fedora-specific issue, but it could be worked around by holding down shift and hitting reload.