So, Google has announced the Nexus One phone. Let’s see how it stacks up against what I want in my next phone:
- Mainstream Android (i.e., not overcustomized like Motoblur)? Check.
- Faster than what I’ve got (a G1)? Check.
- More memory & storage? Check.
- Better camera? Check.
- Longer battery life? Check.
- Less clunky? Check.
- Available on my current provider? Check.
Only one problem: there’s no keyboard. Android’s on-screen keyboard is decent enough, but I’m not quite ready to give up that physical keyboard just yet. (OTOH, I don’t want the Droid. I played with the keyboard a little at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago, and really didn’t like it.)
I’ll have to practice with the virtual keyboard on the G1 some more. If I can get used to it, this might be worth the upgrade.