- SMBC: Where does the time go when you play online games?
- XKCD: Server Attention Span
- The Joy of Tech: The Internet is running out of tubes. (via @brionv)
- Classic Spamusement: They hold a whole lot of it. I had no idea….
- Bizarro on Facebook slacktivism (at Failblog).
Sci-fi and fantasy:
- Keeping Up With the Cardassians. For months, this is what I heard every time someone mentioned the Kardashians. (What can I say? My brain is more attuned to Star Trek than to reality TV.)
- Author Robert J. Sawyer answers pointed questions about Flashforward and the TV adaptation, including what went wrong. I have to agree that it was really hurt by focusing too heavily on the conspiracy arc.
- Discovery spacewalk seen from the ground (Thierry Legault, of course!)
- Majestic Snow Batman towers over Vermont
- Ultra hi-res moon. The full-sized image is 24,000 x 24,000 pixels and half a gigabyte!
- Flash Coffee is a product tie-in just waiting to happen! (That F’ing Monkey). It would fit right in with the Central City Track Team shirt.
- Gmail accidentally reset thousands of accounts last month. (They got it back — this is Google after all.) I’ve come to rely heavily on Gmail, but I still keep a local copy of all my email in case something like this happens. (Engadget, via @pobox)
- 6 ways to use public Wi-Fi hot spots safely (C|NET).
- Mobile Content Is Twice as Difficult (Jakob Nielsen’s Alertbox)
- Map of smartphone marketshare by OS & manufacturer [dead link]. It’s a 3-way split between iPhone, Android and Blackberry. iPhone & Blackberry are of course each one manufacturer, while Android is divided mainly among HTC, Samsung and Motorola. (via @androidandme)
- Things Real People Don’t Say About Your App or website (via @brionv)