- Put Folding@Home on my desktop.
- It’s using too much power.
- Can I put it on my Raspberry Pi 3B?
- The software is 64-bit. The OS on there right now is 32-bit.
- Specs show the 3B has a 64-bit processor.
- /proc/cpuinfo shows it has a 32-bit processor.
- Specs show it should have BCM2837
- /proc/cpuinfo shows it has BCM2835
- Magnifying glass shows BCM2837 stamped on the chip.
It turns out all Raspberry Pi CPUs appear as 2835 in the kernel?!?!?
I decided to put BOINC on an old phone instead. I don’t feel like installing a new OS on the Pi. *sigh*