- WaMu building has taken down its sign. Giant Chase banner at street level.
- Guy w/ sign by side of road: “Homeless kind soul stuck in vortex.” I get the 1st half, but WTF does “stuck in vortex” mean? Downward spiral?
- From @ThisIsTrue: possible cause identified for honey bee colony collapse.
- Need to sleep. Found myself typing “Satan Claus” by mistake.
- Symptom of car culture: I almost feel like I have to justify crossing the street on foot to go to another store instead of moving the car.
- Sun Halo. All you have to do is look up once in a while.
- Linens & Things: Nothing left to sell but the shelves…
- Almost. Walked around a corner and they do have SOME stuff left
- Virgin Megastore is closing too, but they’ve still got lots of stuff. Including 5000 copies of Serial Mom.
- Replica toys: I get the nostalgia factor, but at the same time it’s a weird idea.
- Going out of business sales seen today: 4. Mervyns, Linens & Things,Virgin, Steve & Barry’s.
- And the more stores I look at, the more “What You Own” competes in my head for the ubiquitous Christmas music.
- Amazon’s wishlist needs a generic option. Like “I want an 8GB Micro-SD card” rather than “I want THIS Micro-SD card specifically!”
Even Santas Have it Tough
Presumably this institution is designed to serve the needs of Santa Clauses who subsist on Ho-Hos. 😀